The Tax Manager position is responsible, under the guidance of the Senior Managers and Partners, for performing all aspects of tax services for clients, including both specific research inquiries and assisting with certain administrative functions including scheduling and billing.
Summary of essential job functions of the Tax Manager:
- Ability to provide support to lower staff levels with questions/concerns.
- Address specific client issues as they arise as a first point of contact.
- Complete the most complicated compliance projects for entities and individuals.
- Begin reviewing lower level returns for accuracy and developing review skills.
- Work to develop tax planning strategies for larger clients.
- Research client specific issues and provide guidance to clients about specific issues with the help of Manager II and Senior Manager.
- Focus on profitability of jobs with a mindset of efficiency and productivity including assisting with billing.
- Keep updated on latest developments in taxation in order to respond to client questions.
- Comply with the continuing professional education requirements of the AICPA, the State of Louisiana Board of Accountancy.
- Certified Public Accountant
- 5+ years’ experience
- Proficient computer skills
- Good verbal and written skills
- Ability to interact proficiently with coworkers and clients.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply for this job email your details to hr@wd.CPA