Jonathan Koenig, a licensed CPA in Louisiana, serves as Managing Partner of Wegmann Dazet. For over 25 years Jonathan has helped numerous local business owners overcome obstacles and achieve success.
As leader of the firm’s Client Services Department, he is accustomed to the common issues and challenges that owners of growing businesses face on a daily basis.
Whether Jonathan is providing tax planning strategies, assisting with operational procedure improvements, providing accounting support and financial analysis, or troubleshooting accounting software, he and his team satisfy client needs by understanding each one’s business. He always communicates timely and acts proactively. Jonathan most enjoys helping clients to accomplish their goals and to flourish.
When not in the office or visiting clients, Jonathan enjoys bird watching and gardening.
Education, Certifications & Affiliations
- Louisiana State University, Bachelor of Science in Accounting, 1993
- Certified Public Accountant, Licensed in Louisiana
- Continuing Professional Education of 40 to 60 hours per year
- Member-American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member-Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accountants
- Treasurer and Officer, New Orleans Wrestling Club 2015 to Present
- Treasurer and Officer, Atonement Lutheran Church and School, 1999-2002
Significant Career Experience
Over 25 years of public accounting and consulting experience in the Audit and Accounting department of Wegmann Dazet.
Professional experience has been concentrated in the areas of:
- Tax planning for corporations, partnerships and individuals
- Accounting services and support to a wide variety of privately held businesses
- QuickBooks Pro Advisor
- Accounting software assistance and training
- Business Succession Planning
- Business Interruption loss calculations
- Payroll, ad valorem and sales tax compliance
- Loan package preparation and presentation assistance
- Representation of individuals and businesses before the IRS, state and local tax authorities
- Business merger, sales, acquisition support
- Business entity selection
- Internal controls analysis
- Operating budget and projections preparation assistance
- Business retirement plan selection
- Financial analysis and consulting services for critical business decisions