Education, Certifications & Affiliations
- University of New Orleans, Bachelor of Science in Accounting, May 2011
- Certified Public Accountant, Licensed in the State of Louisiana
- Continuing Professional Education of 40 to 60 hours per year
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accountants
Significant Career Experience
Christopher’s experience with the Firm includes assisting clients in a variety of industries, such as manufacturing, hospitality, retail, professional services, and real estate. His primary responsibilities have been in the Tax Department.
Chris enjoys transitioning new clients to the firm, helping them with all the resources that Wegmann Dazet offers. He has helped startup businesses choose the correct tax entity type and get established the right way during the crucial initial years. When he helps clients with the sale of their business, he works through the tax effects, proper structure, and due diligence.
With a decade of experience in public accounting, Chris specializes in tax services including:
- Tax preparation and review of Partnerships, Corporations, S-Corporations and Individuals in various industries
- Tax credit opportunities
- Analyzing and planning for sales and acquisitions of businesses
- Multi-State tax compliance, return review, and preparation
- Representation before the IRS, State, and Local tax authorities
- Fixed asset depreciation planning and research, and evaluating fixed asset cost segregation opportunities