Website Wegmann Dazet
The Entrepreneur's CPA
This Senior Accounting position, under the guidance of Managers and/or Partners, is responsible to provide services for all phases of forensic investigation, litigation support, and business valuations, and to communicate issues that arise during these engagements to supervisory staff. The individual may also be called upon to provide accounting support to clients through the firm’s audit and accounting department.
Summary of essential job Functions of the Accounting Senior:
- Assist with litigation support to attorney clients related to discovery on document requests and document analysis; prepare interrogatories and assist with preparing questions for witnesses.
- Prepare damage calculations and expert reports, including other deliverables such as rebuttal reports, demonstrative tables, exhibits and charts.
- Perform valuations of business entities or interests, pursuant to the client’s valuation needs for mergers, acquisitions and dispositions; estate planning, and estate & gift tax returns; litigation and dispute resolution.
- Assemble data mining and analysis, including database construction of financial records, accounting data, and database extracts.
- Perform electronic reviews of evidence, industry and market research, and market and competitive assessments.
- Complete engagements within budgetary and time constraints while providing a high-level of client satisfaction.
- Keep informed of latest developments as they affect GAAP and Wegmann Dazet’s standards and policies.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Retain compliance with the continuing professional education requirements of the AICPA and the State of Louisiana Board of Accountancy.
Education and minimum requirements:
- CPA license, or currently eligible to sit for the Certified Public Accountant exam
- Certified in Forensic Financials (CFF) or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) preferred
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) or Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) a plus
- 3-5 years’ experience in forensic or valuation services
- Proficient computer skills
- Good verbal and written skills
- Ability to interact professionally with co-workers and clients
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com